Independence World – Cairns Premium Disability Care Service
• Fun, fit and reliable Carers
• 24 hour on call service
• From casual to live-in care
• Founded by our quadriplegic Director in 2007
• Working with participants of the NDIS since 2014
• We help people with a disability get funding or better funding
• 30 years experienced management
Our Director personally trains all Carers before sending them to Clients. They are qualified and professional. Our service is flexible and enjoys a highly regarded reputation as evidenced through our Testimonials.
Our Services include:
• Service Provider for Participants receiving funding through the NDIS
• Service Provider for Participants with Self-Managed funding under the NDIS
• Management of Individual Funding for non NDIS Participants
• Service Provider for Clients with private funding
• Service Provider for Clients under YLYC and other Continuity of Support Programs with another Service Provider
• MASS Approved Mobility Equipment Supplier
Independence World is a Registered Service Provider with the NDIS. We can provide Care in the following Registration Groups in the capacity of Disability Support Worker:
• Development Life Skills – (0117)
• Daily Personal Activities – (0107)
• High Intensity Daily Personal Activities – (0104)
• Participate Community – (0125)
• Life Stage, Transition – (0106)
• Household Tasks – (0120)
At Independence World, we actively advocate on behalf of individuals with a disability that need more care. If a person has to constantly ask their friends, family or volunteers to assist them, it can break down relationships and those that are untrained can injure themselves, ultimately costing the tax payer more. A person may only need a only a few hours extra to stay healthy and happy, we help them get it. If they need 24 hour care, we have also helped people get that. Ask us for advice regarding the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Information & Innovative Mobility Equipment
Independence World has been approved by the Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors to provide the following services to eligible people:
• Learning & Life Skills Development
• Attendant/Personal Care
• In-home Accommodation Support
• In-home Respite
• Flexible Respite
• Goods & Equipment
Our service has experience in Forensic Orders, Restrictive Practices, Chemical Restraint, Positive Behaviour Strategies and Guardianship Reviews for people with a disability.
Independence World is the only supplier in Queensland of the U-Step 2 Walker. It is the only walker in Australia for people with Neurological Conditions like Parkinson’s Disease. We also stock a range of the latest Topro Troja European walkers that are stylish, lightweight and ergonomic.
Check out our advice and links on accessible accommodation in the Cairns area. We have had ramps installed on street corners and pedestrian crossings put in places where other care services have been for years. Independence World has even gone to Mediation to get people access to places like McDonald’s. Our service has also had successful out of Court settlements for discrimination and have achieved national reform for things such as an Electricity Subsidy for people with disabilities.
Our organisation is happy to work with any family, friend or advocate nominated by the Client. We conduct a Workplace Health and Safety check and prepare the Individual Support Plan according to the Client’s wishes. Clients are automatically provided with fortnightly statements concerning the Client’s account, in a clear and understandable form.
Independence World was established in 2007 as the first private care service for people with disability in FNQ. We continue to exceed industry standards while delivering services that the others simply do not. Clients of Independence World can benefit from the 30 years of experience that our Director has when it comes to written Job Inductions and Job Details.
Independence World has extensive policies to ensure Client privacy and security, which are available upon request. We also have systematic Client reviews and feedback processes to ensure Client involvement, satisfaction and the continual improvement of the service.
Thank you for visiting Independence World. We hope you enjoy our site and welcome your comments and suggestions.